We hope you and your families are doing well. COVID-19 is an unprecedented time and delivers new challenges that we will successfully navigate through together. Our team has been working; some remotely from home offices and others have been working in your community. We are doing our best to address critical service requests and to maintain our communities.
The success of our reopening depends on both our team members and our residents exercising judgement and adhering to best practices. Our team members will be practicing social distancing, and we encourage you to do so as well and to be respectful of those in our communities who are choosing to social distance. Until a vaccine is developed, COVID-19 is a permanent component of everyone’s life. Therefore, we must all recognize our responsibility to be aware of its likely presence and be vigilant in our personal actions. We will be implementing a phase and careful reopening plan. We believe that with the cooperation and diligence on the part of all of us, we will be successful. As we continue with our plans to reopen the offices and address any deferred service needs, we wanted to take a minute and share some information with you.
Interacting with our on-site team:
- Our office teams will be returning to the offices the week of June 15, 2020
- For the safety of everyone, we want to continue to limit face to face contact as much as possible. If you have any issues you need to discuss with us, we ask that you continue to utilize phone or email.
- If you require an in-person meeting, we will be taking appointments. Please call our office to schedule.
- Guidelines for engaging with our team members in person will be posted outside the leasing office. Please adhere to these guidelines as they are for the protection of our team members, residents, vendors and visitors.
- We will be making plans to complete all postponed work orders and preventative maintenance. If you have a service need in your apartment that you have not reported, please do so via your Resident Portal. Our service team members will continue to wear PPE and will ask that you go into another room of the apartment while they are completing repairs.
- For your safety, the safety of your guests and the health of the entire apartment community, we request you limit the number of guests/visitors to your apartment
Amenity Spaces Reopening:
- All outdoor amenity spaces are open. Please be respectful of all residents and guests and practice social distancing. As a reminder, playground equipment is not sanitized. Use caution if you are using the playground equipment.
- We ask for residents to follow the Governor’s current guidance for the number of people permitted at outdoor gatherings.
- As of June 12, 2020 all indoor amenities are open. Please refer to property specific details posted in your building for occupancy, cleaning, and any other requirements.
- Any residents using the amenity spaces acknowledge there is some risk with using these community shared areas. New cases of COVID-19 continue to be diagnosed and numerous people are asymptomatic. Please recognize that the risk is still present and everyone should be vigilant with taking precautions.
Please help us keep these spaces open by implementing and abiding by best practices as recommended by the CDC.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms and are under a self-quarantine, please report this to your Property Manager or here.
- If you have a need for service in your apartment and you have any household members who are ill, please let our service team know. If the repair is on an emergency nature, we will take the necessary precautions to complete the repair.
Should you have question on the above material, please reach out to your onsite team by email or by utilizing our Customer Concern Form.
Thank you for your cooperation, understanding, and support as we navigate through the reopening stages. We appreciate your patience, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Household Funding Resources
During the COVID-19 crisis, resources that may be available for households impacted by the crisis are critical. The Family Housing Fund (FHF) has compiled a list of resources that will be helpful in navigating the various financial opportunities available for those in need. FHF has stated that they intend to continue to update the resource page to provide the most current and useful information.
Apartment Management Operations During COVID-19
Granite City Real Estate is closely monitoring the changing landscape of apartment community operations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to take action to protect our managed properties, team members, and the broader population. This includes responsive changes that affect you as we work to protect our communities and accommodate the needs of our residents.
Our top priorities are the health and well-being of everyone involved with our properties and doing our part to help prevent the spread of the infection throughout the community at large. Rest assured that we are taking appropriate care of our team members so that we can continue to service our apartment communities while adhering to the best practices and directives provided state/local/federal government, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO).
The following measures have been implemented effective immediately:
- We have enacted and are encouraging social distancing practices for our team and within our properties in order to do our part to stop movement of COVID-19. We ask that you respect this in your interactions with our team members and use electronic or phone communication as much as possible. Remember, visiting www.gcremn.com will allow you to pay rent, submit service requests and contact property management for any needs that arise.
- We closed all common amenity spaces and gatherings until further notice in an effort to support social distancing. This includes on-site fitness centers, community rooms, and any other gathering areas.
- Our corporate office and on-site management offices are closed to walk-in visits. This measure has been taken to do our part with social distancing practices to protect our team and stop spread of COVID-19 to the broader communities. We assure you that this is a temporary measure, and that our team is fully connected remotely to assist you with any need you may have. Call us at 320-253-0003 or visit www.gcremn.com to pay rent, submit service requests and contact property management for any needs. Please do not hesitate to leave a voicemail as we are responding to all calls.
- We have suspended in-person leasing tours and implemented a procedure to handle this service remotely. For leasing inquiries, please contact us via phone, email, or at www.gcremn.com. We can provide you with current pricing, availability, property images. Self-guided tours may be an option in select situations. Our entire leasing process can be completed online.
FAQ – Apartment Communities
The Leasing Office is closed. Can I still rent an apartment?
We closed our corporate office and on-site management offices to walk-in visits and provided our employees with capabilities to work remotely. This measure has been taken to do our part with social distancing practices to protect our team and help stop the spread of COVID-19. We assure you that this is a temporary measure, and that our team is fully connected remotely to assist you with any need you may have.
For leasing needs, please contact us via phone, email, or at www.gcremn.com. We can provide you with current pricing, availability and property images. Your entire leasing process can be completed online.
Why are all of the amenity spaces closed?
For the health and well-being for everyone that resides within your property, the shared amenity spaces have been closed until further notice.
Will my rent be reduced due to loss of amenities?
Our amenities are a feature of this community that are offered to our residents free of charge and are not included in rental payments. Accordingly, we will not be adjusting rents during this period of closure.
We did not take this step lightly, and it is at the recommendation of health officials in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 during this pandemic. We appreciate your understanding as we all work through this challenging time with a global effort.
What if I am expecting a package to be delivered?
Properties with on-site management have been instructed to not accept resident packages for in-person pick up. We are directing delivery drivers to deliver resident packages directly to resident doors. We encourage you to specify this on shipping instructions, or to contact your delivery service and arrange for your package to be held for pick up directly from the carrier.
What if I have a Maintenance Request?
We continue to adjust our daily operations as new information and directives are provided by health officials and the government. Currently all of our service teams are operating on an emergency response only basis. A maintenance emergency is constituted as: fire, flooding, biohazard, no heat, non-operational refrigerator/freezer, non-operational oven/stove, or a non-operational toilet – If you have only one bathroom available in your apartment home. If you have a service request that is defined as an emergency as described in the above list, please contact Granite City Real Estate at 320-253-0003.
If you have a service request that is NOT an emergency, please submit your request at www.gcremn.com. We will log your request and prioritize it accordingly for future completion. We appreciate your patience and understanding on service completion delays.
During this period, when our Service Technicians enter your home to complete an emergency repair, we ask that any residents present within the home confine themselves to a separate room in support of the CDC’s recommendation on social distancing.
If a Service Technician responds to a request that is not an emergency and based on false information that was knowingly provided, they will immediately leave the location and all costs associated with the trip will be the direct responsibility of the resident that placed the service request.
Are you making exceptions to rent payment for hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic?
We understand that COVID-19 is disruptive and can impact an individual’s ability to meet financial obligations. It is also our understanding that the federal and state governments are assessing what type of financial support they can provide individuals to aid with this potential hardship.
To date, all terms, conditions and fees included in the lease contract are in full effect. We will continue monitor communication provided by the federal, state and local governing bodies. If any modifications related to fees and collection matters are implemented, we will communicate the changes immediately.
Do I need to notify my Community Team if I’ve decided to self-quarantine? What if I’ve tested positive for COVID-19?
We do request that you notify us of any self-quarantine or positive COVID-19 diagnosis by self-reporting firstname.lastname@example.org and referencing COVID-19 in the subject line. We will treat all reports with confidentially except as required by federal, state, or local law.
Will vendors still be coming to my property?
In support of the CDC’s recommendations on social distancing, we have implemented measures to reduce the number of on-site vendors present within our communities. Granite City Real Estate vendors will not be entering occupied apartment homes for non-emergency service repairs. At this time, there will be no interruption to standard outsourced services such as trash removal, grounds maintenance, or other routine services provided.
What steps is my community team taking to ensure my common areas are being disinfected?
Our teams recognize the importance of maintaining an increased level of attention on high traffic areas throughout our communities. We have and will continue to focus increased attention on sanitizing door handles, points of entry, laundry rooms, and other routinely trafficked areas throughout the community. This practice will remain in place provided shelter-in-place regulations are enacted by federal, state or local law.
What do I do if I am having trouble with my on-line account?
What if I need to delay my move out date?
Will the outdoor pool or other amenities open this year?
We have full intention of restoring our amenity services and will do so in accordance with CDC recommendations.
Are you going to inform neighboring residents if there are any confirmed cases on my property?
Granite City Real Estate is complying with Federal and State laws as well as the CDC’s guidelines regarding Covid-19 confirmed cases, and will continue to do so. Any questions related to these guidelines and procedures can be found at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
With everyone staying home, what do I do if I have a noise complaint?
This is a difficult and inconvenient time for individuals on a global basis. We ask for increased patience and understanding especially in a multi-housing setting. We also ask that all residents continue to abide by the lease terms regarding noise, and request affected residents to follow normal reporting procedures.
We hope to not experience any problems, but if they do occur, we will track the lease infractions and take the corrective actions allowed within the lease.
If I am moving out, will you walk through the apartment with me?
Because our teams have implemented social distancing measures, we will not be completing move out walk through appointments with residents. We ask that you complete your move out and cleaning, secure your apartment contact us via email or phone for instructions for a convenient return of keys and any other move out items. We will independently conduct the final inspection and contact you with results.